Other Exchange Blogs

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Host Family!

Yes, you've guessed it, I have finally received my host family which I have been in contact with since!

I will be living in Potsdam and attending a gymnasium! So here's a little background information: Potsdam is the capital of the German State: Brandenburg and is around 15 miles from Berlin. This city was a residence of the German Kaiser until around 1918. Potsdam has many parks and historical buildings and is home to Sanssouci which is said to have been the former summer palace of King Frederick the Great and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Potsdam was also part of the former East Germany and following WW2 was under Soviet occupation.

In a matter of days, I will officially depart the states once again (but this time for a year.) Until then I am spending my time with family and getting to know my new family more!

That's all for now,

2 weeks till language camp!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience. I loved all the pictures. I agree that ceviche is the best and I will have to take your word about the alpaca:) Did you see Inca ruins? Did you get to see some of the things you learned about the Incas in my class? I can't wait to hear about Germany. I am green with envy...but so happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceviche is definately one of my favorite dishes now! Yes, ruins were all over however we actually saw ruins in Cusco, Ollantataytambo, Macchu/Huayna Picchu, Pisac, and Pumamarca; the latter being in Pallata (our host village.) As for your class, our tour guides were great and taught us a ton whether it was the history of Peru or just about Quecha and the different ways of life depending on where people live.

      Thanks for all your help and support thus far!

      Delete