Other Exchange Blogs

Monday, August 18, 2014

Class is in Session


Ohhh come on!!!!
As many pages that are in my passport book you managed to restamp a stamped page (really!)
When I arrived in Germany the Customs lady stamped my PERU page : (     darn

On our way to Hedersleben, I realized just how green the German countryside was.....
                 

         
After getting settled in and taking a tour of our Campus.  It was dinner time, I must say that Schnitzel was the Scnizzel (Fantastic!!)

The next morning for breakfast we had bread and cheese before heading to class for the first time.  Day 1 we covered the alphabet and numbers or shall I say (Alphabet und Zahlen) after being in class I realized just how difficult it must have been for my non-spanish speaking groupmates when we were in Peru. (I'm not conquered it's only been the first week)  We got word that we would be taking a field trip to the town of Quedlinburg which would cost 1 Euro (3 dollars) not bad!


So we headed out to the town of Quedlinburg... We met our tour guide at city hall then went to Collegiate Church which is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, after the church we took a walking tour of the town. While walking down the coblestone roads the guide informed us "that for around 900 years this town was ruled by women".
UNESCO site


* Fun Fact :  They have the most timber homes in Europe. (Great history fact.)




What better way to finish a field trip then with an Ice cream from a local parlor..... YUM!!!
I know you're thinking what I was thinking.. Where's the Meatballs!? (creative!!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That really looked like spaguetti. I had to look at it really close when you said ice cream:) I have been to Germany twice and loved it both times. Loved the scenery (so green and beautiful), the history and the food...have you had those big pretzels yet? Good luck learning Germany...and I thought learning English was a challenge! I am getting ready to come back to school. I am in my classroom for the first time since June. I had an amazing summer, so I am having a hard time getting motivated to come back. Have fun and will check on you throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The history and the food is GREAT!! I have not had a pretzel yet, however I will post a photo as soon as I do. Your right learning German does have it's moments. It's a little challenging to understand all of the concepts when your 1st language is English but I'm up for the challange.. I can understand the feeling of change and how it effects our level of motivation. That's how I felt when I left Peru : ( I mean I missed my family but I loved Peru. You'll get motivated, Just think of me smiling!! : ) Thank you again for your support, I look forward to more comments.

    ReplyDelete