Other Exchange Blogs

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The promised land pt.2

Does anyone remember the Disney Channel film "Holes" with little Shia LeBeouf who is sent to a camp to dig after being wrongfully accused of stealing shoes? Anyways, after he runs away from camp he reaches this place in the mountains full of lush green vegetation and wild onions.

I have this gift of a photographic memory, but without going too much into detail I will start by saying this park looked exactly as I had foreseen from the outside, but I never had imagined the contrasts of the iron tainted limestone and red/orange rock and winter snow. I never thought I would hike a mountain with icy paths and snow and I definitely never imagined this place which evoked thoughts of Ayer's Rock in Australia.

From snow to sand

Just like that, the Plateau arises again


Even with clouds covering peaks it is breathtaking

Add caption

The difference in the makeup of each peak


A seasonal waterfall at Zion

Even with a battery breakdown, my camera came through

You bet we hiked it in winter xD

Stairs on the other-side... would you cross?

Such a large Cottonwood @ Zion Lodge

The rest of the mule deer family?


An old frontier town still together

bidding thee farewell

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment