Other Exchange Blogs

Sunday, January 4, 2015

In With the New....

2 weeks of break for Christmas and New Years!!
Tapas with my spanish class


The week leading up to Christmas was very rainy and windy which basically prevented any outside activities, however I was able to finish my shopping in the Christmas Markets! This included Christmas Eve in which our planned walk to the nearby lake was ruined by a  rainstorm. However the holidays were still enjoyed. On top of the grandparents coming we basically ate, watched t.v and talked from the 24-26. Also, we open gifts the morning of the 25th whereas here they open on the night of the 24th with Santa walking into the living room with a sack! On the 26th our winter wonderland came and lasted for about a week before  beginning to melt which presented a great opportunity for walks/runs and photo ops in the woods.
Just thought I'd share a little of winter with you all

The Family Tree
For New Years, the plans didn't work out nonetheless we stayed home and watched the recap of 2014 and celebration in Berlin before tuning out for the night after about 1 am. All I know is this year was a pretty bad year for the music industry hopefully 2015 is much better.



On Friday my host family and I went to the pool (indoor) and it was a great workout as well as fun (they even had two warm water slides!)
It is also exciting, sad and crazy to realize that my year is halfway over...The time has really flown by just like my blog post!!

I wish you all a Happy New Years

No comments:

Post a Comment