Other Exchange Blogs

Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Little Getaway

Hopefully this color doesn't hurt your eyes!

This week ( a B week in school) has been just as active as the previous, so I will give a few highlights.

* Language Course.
* Exploring and buying doughnuts from a foreign market.
* Early out day at school (left at 11:30.)
* Asking for directions to a film store and getting a bio-metric photo
* Meeting and gardening at host-grandparents.
*  Spending a night and half a day in my host family's cabin
* Gardening and house work at the cabin
* Beginning to read my first German books
The seasons are changing
This post will now cover two weeks as I was unable to publish due to a 3- day cold (from headaches and coughs to nosebleeds.) Anyways, I am better now.
Just the Autobahn

On Saturday we drove about 2 hours to the Hanseatic city of Rostock where we moved furniture into an apartment for my host-siblings. We will go back next week to finish the rest. While in Rostock I caught a nice view of the Baltic and a billboard saying Denmark in sight. While heading back home I can say I saw a pretty nice sunset along with a few roadside Deers.
Today, Sunday was a trip to a climbing park in Bad Saarow which was very fun. It was one of the most thrilling things I've ever done (climbing up ropes and ladders and zip-lining with only a harness) yet well worth it. I can also check going to a German birthday party off my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment